Congratulations to our Client of the Month in Somerville: Kelli Devitte-McKee!
- What is your hometown? My hometown is originally Las Vegas – born and raised! I moved out to the East Coast for college in 2008, and then moved to Boston in 2012 with friends from there.
- What brought you to DPT? I’ve always been really physically fit, but the last 2-3 years I got really out of shape. In the past I did dance, gymnastic and circus arts, but felt that I didn’t have the fitness level to go straight back to those. That’s where DPT came in, but now I love it just as much as those other activities.
- How long have you been training with us? I’ve been at the gym 6 months, and going for that perfect attendance. 😀
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) In the real world, I work as a psychiatric nurse at McLean hospital. I just moved to around the corner from DPT with my boyfriend Nick and our two cats, Rory and Jack.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I’m a huge sci-fi and fantasy nerd! I love TV shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Expanse, Firefly, and Orphan Black. I’m currently reading Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn series. I play DnD every week and love all board games.
- What is your favorite exercise and why? I really love the dumbbell snatch. Since you can use a heavier weight than you normally might, it makes me feel like a superhero!
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? My biggest achievement is the fact that I keep coming back! I’ve never found a place that inspires me to keep coming back like DPT has. Just 6 more months till that year of perfect attendance.
- What inspires and motivates you? Being and feeling healthy. Feeling proud of the things that my body can accomplish, and the growth that I’ve seen in myself and in everyone else at the gym in the short time that I’ve been here.
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Just keep coming. Change takes time, and building habits is hard. But you can do it! Keeping fit will not only improve your physical health, but also your mental and emotional health as well. Invest in yourself.