Congratulations to our Client of the Month in Somerville: Kristen Cokely!
- What is your hometown? Cambridge, MA
- What brought you to DPT? After college I found myself not being as active as I had always been. I was trying gym after gym and I wasn’t seeing any results. My sister was a member at DPT before me, and she convinced me to give it a try. I was hooked after my first workout.. which was with Emily and finished with me puking in the parking lot but I still came back for more!
- How long have you been training with us? 7 years
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I am a cop for Cambridge. I live in Cambridge with my mother, my sister, my sister’s fiancé, and 3 year old nephew.. yes, it is a very crowded place but the free rent is worth it!
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I played ice hockey competitively for almost 20 years. I played at Arlington Catholic and won the state championship in 2007 (I scored the game winning goal) and at Salve Regina and I played in over 100 games.. I only missed one game in my four years in college.
- What is your favorite exercise and why? I like anything that has to do with squats. I’m pretty sure I was born with thunder thighs, so I might as well put them to good use! I have also come to love glute bridges lately.. I hate them when I’m doing them but I love them after.
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? I’m torn between two.. Definitely getting the top spot on the leaderboard for front squat. But also making it through the nutrition program.. if anyone knows me I LOVE pizza and beer and I avoided that program like the plague for almost 4 years.
- What inspires and motivates you? Obviously being a good example for my family inspires and motivates me, but also working in the law enforcement field I see too many unhealthy people. Very few people find time to exercise or eat healthy. I was one of those people for almost 2 years. Trying to get back into a healthy routine was not easy and I do not want to ever go back to that place.. and buying new uniform pants is not cheap.
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? I would tell them that joining DPT will be the best decision that they will ever make. Yes, it is a gym and you may go for the workouts and a healthier lifestyle, but it is more than that. You’ll find that you can do way more than you ever thought you were capable of because the DPT environment is so supportive and encouraging.