- What is your hometown? Los Angeles, CA
- What brought you to DPT? I was looking for some form of movement classes to stay active and try intentionally exercising for the first time in my life. I saw someone recommend DPT on a community facebook group and looked it up. I was intrigued by the “about page” on the website; the language seemed so different from my idea of what gyms were like, it seemed kind and understanding! I quickly signed up and found the space/people really welcoming.
- How long have you been training with us? Less than a year.
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) Figuring it out! I enjoy food (cooking and eating it), going on walks (foraging, learning about local flora and fauna), music (both listening and making!), watching movies, gardening. For work, I have experience in user experience (UX) research and food service.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I’m the winner for the 2018 Boston JerkFest Cook-off. I made the judges, including former Major Kim Janey, cry because my dish was so spicy.
- What is your favorite exercise and why? I don’t have a favorite right now. I like trying new things! I just tried an ab wheel rollout for the first time which was a fun challenge both for my core and coordination.
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? Committing to intentionally exercise for the first time in my life and regularly showing up.
- What inspires and motivates you? The idea of being kind to my future self motivates me. Seeing people commit to and accomplish their goals inspires me.
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? Be gentle with yourself and don’t be too overwhelmed when the coaches throw a list of exercises at you. You might not immediately know what an exercise is, but you can ask the person next to you and they’ll be happy to help you through it.
Skip to content
Fill out the form below to get started
Take the first step towards getting the results that you want!