Oh hell yeah.
Avocado stuffed burgers.
You know it’s Thursday so I’ve gotta hook you up with another awesome Paleo friendly recipe.
Nick and I made these last week (obviously he did the grilling) and they were pretty much one of the best things ever.
- 2 pounds of grass fed beef or bison
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes (get the dried ones, no oil)
- Mix the beef with black pepper, 1 tbsp of sea salt and a few squeezes of the lemon
- Using your hands, form the mixture into thin patties that are the same size (you are using two together to make one patty)
- In another mixing bowl, mix and mash the avocados, tomatoes, lemon juice and the remaining sea salt
- Place a spoonful of the avocado mixture on one side of the burger and top with another patty
- Leave room around the sides so the avocado doesn’t leak out
- Pack the edges together and grill 6-8 minutes per side
You can top this with some bacon to make it even more awesome. This recipe will make 3-4 servings, depending on the size of the burgers. I used about 1 and 1/4 pounds of meat for the two of us.
I recommend copying and pasting these recipes into a document on your computer so you can pull them up easily and plan for the week ahead.