1. What is your hometown? Naugatuck, CT
2. What brought you to DPT? I was looking online for group workout classes around Somerville. I then saw an ad on social media for a 6 week challenge at DPT. I liked the class times offered and figured why not just check it out.
3. How long have you been training with us? December will be 1 year.
4. What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I work in the Administrative Office of Probate and Family Court. We work with the 14 Probate and Family Court lotions throughout the state.
I moved to Massachusetts 7 years ago and it has quickly become “home”. Somerville has been one of my favorite places to live so far. I have no kids or pets yet (hopefully one day). I travel often to visit family and friends in CT, FL, and IL.
5. What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I love to party plan/host for friend’s and family’s events. If I ever have a career change, this would be top of my list.
6. What is your favorite exercise and why? I love back squats. For me, it’s one of those exercises I can always push myself to lift heavier than I think I can.
7. What is your biggest gym achievement so far? Honestly, it’s hard to name just one. Anytime I can beat my PR on a strength exercise, I feel I’m truly accomplishing goals.
8. What inspires and motivates you? The couches and everyone who attends DPT. There is no “slacking off” at this gym, which I love! Not only do the couches know what you are capable of, so do the people you work out with. There is nothing like having that type of support and also being able to give it back.
9. What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? If you are thinking about joining, you won’t regret giving it a shot. If you have just joined, don’t give up. There are so many positive things to say about the DPT community. It’s a place that truly makes you feel like you belong, there is no judgment and everyone is able to workout at their level of ability. After being on vacation for a few weeks, I had never been so excited to get back to the gym. I was told by a fellow member, “that is how you know you found the right place”, and she is 100% right.