Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK.
2.What brought you to Durbrow Performance?
I moved to Manchester, NHss in 2011. A combination of John Pham, turning 30 and a desire to eat and drink more (and therefore needing to do more work!) brought me to the hallowed halls of DPT. It’s one of the best decisions I ever made.
3. How long have you been training with us?
Almost 3 years.
4. What do you do in the “real world”?
I am a Scientific Editor for a molecular biology journal called Molecular Cell. It’s a pretty awesome job. I write a column called ‘The Female Scientist’ for my company blog. I am life partner to Peter Griffith and mummy to Evelyn Griffith: both of whom have spent many hours working out at DPT – Evie mainly in utero.
5. What is one of the things most people don’t know about you?
Hmm, that’s a tough one. I’ve climbed two mountains over 20,000ft and I’ve visited 45 countries.
6. What is your favorite exercise?
Tire flipping, or tire strikes – anything to do with tires.
7. What is your biggest gym achievement so far?
Swinging a kettle bell while 41 weeks pregnant.
8. What motivates and inspires you?
I think this life is probably all there is, so I believe we should be the best we can be in the time that we have. The best partner, parent, son or daughter, friend, and the best version of our self.
9. What would you tell someone who is thinking about joining DPT or has just started?
. The person who is thinking about joining? – Just join. What have you got to lose? The person who has just joined? Work hard, have fun and next year you might look as good as Shonda.