- What is your hometown? Medford, MA- Boston has my heart
- What brought you to DPT? My mental health. Needed a safe place to clear my mind, build discipline, and start my fitness journey.
- How long have you been training with us?July 2020- 15 months
- What do you do in the “real world?” (job, family, pets, etc) I am a Program Director at a family homeless shelter. I’ve worked most of my career in shelters and housing. It’s me, my kitty. Kemba, and balcony garden. I love being outdoors hiking or kayaking.
- What is one fun fact that most people don’t know about you? I have random certifications but the common themes come back to food and housing security. I was one of the first group of people in Massachusetts to receive my Hoarding Certificate, helping people to sort, discard, and downsize to thrive in their homes. I also have my Urban Farming certificate and hope to start a therapeutic animal farm.
- What is your favorite exercise and why? Single arm kettlebell swings. The exercise challenges my whole body and forces my mind to be present. The grounding of my feet, explosion in the hip hinge, and transitioning the KB between arms makes me feel powerful. I’m always amazed that I’m able to get the float effect in between swings.
- What is your biggest gym achievement so far? Box jump. Any of them
- What inspires and motivates you? The diverse fitness levels of other DPT members. Everyone works to get their work in. The connection of mind and body is the silent motivator. I like having more headspace to take on the day.
- What would you say to someone who is thinking about joining or who has just joined DPT? You really do just have to show up. The coaches are truly amazing and meet you where you’re at and keep it challenging. DPT isn’t about quick results but overall health and fitness. Yes, DPT is an exercise performance training gym however, stretching, water intake, nutrition, cardio and most importantly for me the habit changing are always brought to the table.
Skip to content
Fill out the form below to get started
Take the first step towards getting the results that you want!