Why is breakfast for dinner so good?
No matter if it’s eggs, pancakes, french toast, bacon, it’s all so good when you have it for dinner.
And YES you can have all of those things, you can just put a healthy twist on them.
This recipe doesn’t need any healthy tweaking because eggs, bacon and tomato are all right in my book 🙂
You can make this for breakfast or make a bunch ahead of time and heat one up for dinner with a side of veggies.
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and dried
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp Kerry Gold butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh arugula to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the tops of tomatoes off
- Clean out the inside of the tomatoes
- Evenly divide the diced bacon throughout the insides of the tomatoes
- Scramble the 4 eggs in a bowl and place them evenly into each tomato
- Divide the tablespoon of butter evenly on the top of each tomato with the egg already in it
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on each one
- Place tomatoes in a baking dish and bake for 40-50 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked through
- Place on a plate and garnish with arugula (optional)